Member Account, Password and Security: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and/or mobile device, as applicable, and account, if any, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password and/or mobile device, as applicable, or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify OurBlok of any unauthorized use of your password and/or mobile device, as applicable, or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. OurBlok will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
Modifications to Service: OurBlok reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that OurBlok shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Rewards: All Rewards made available in connection with the Service are promotional only. Such Rewards are made available directly by the relevant merchant providing such Reward (“Rewards Partner”) (not OurBlok itself) and are redeemable solely for the applicable goods or services of the relevant Rewards Partner. The Rewards Partner, not OurBlok, is the provider of the Rewards and such goods and services and is solely responsible for redeeming any Rewards you obtain. OurBlok will have no liability if a Rewards Partner refuses or fails to honor any Reward. In addition, the following terms and conditions also apply to all Rewards:
- Redemption frequency is determined by the Rewards Partner.
- Use of Rewards relating to alcoholic beverages is at the sole discretion of the Rewards Partner and is subject to compliance with applicable law.
- Rewards cannot be combined with any other rewards, offers, vouchers, third party certificates, coupons, or promotions, unless otherwise specified by the Rewards Partner.
- Rewards cannot be used for taxes, tips or prior balances, unless permitted by the Rewards Partner.
- Neither OurBlok nor the Rewards Partner is responsible for malfunctioning, lost, or stolen cards.
- Reproduction or sale of any Reward is prohibited.
- Rewards are void to the extent prohibited by law.
- Rewards may be applied only to the applicable products or services sold by the Rewards Partner that are the subject of such Rewards.
- Limit one (1) Reward per redemption. Only one Reward can be used per redemption unless otherwise specified by the Rewards Partner.
Third Party Services: You may register for the Service using third party services (e.g., Facebook Connect) and otherwise enable various third party services to be directly integrated into your OurBlok experience. By enabling third party services within the Service, you are allowing us to pass your log-in information or other information (e.g., token authentication information) to these service providers for this purpose. Please remember that the manner in which third party services use, store and disclose your information is governed solely by the policies of such third parties, and OurBlok shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any third party site or service that may be enabled within the Service. In addition, OurBlok is not responsible for the accuracy, availability or reliability of any information, content, goods, data, opinions, advice or statements made available in connection with third party services, and such third party services may revoke authentication at any time. As such, OurBlok is not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such third party service. OurBlok enables these features merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such features does not imply an endorsement or recommendation.
Mobile Services: The Service includes certain services that are available via a mobile device, including (i) the ability to upload content to the Service via a mobile device, (ii) the ability to browse and otherwise access the Service from a mobile device and (iii) the ability to access certain features through an application downloaded and installed on a mobile device (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. By using the Mobile Services, you agree that we and Rewards Partners may communicate with you by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to us. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree to promptly update your OurBlok account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number.
Conditions of Use
User Conduct: You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not OurBlok, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Service, and for all activities and events that you facilitate via the Service.
Commercial Use: Unless otherwise expressly authorized herein or in the Service, you agree not to display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer or transmit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service. The Service is for your personal use and may not be used for direct commercial endeavors.
Intellectual Property Rights
Service Content, Software and Trademarks: You acknowledge and agree that the Service may contain content (“Service Content”) that is protected by copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by OurBlok, you agree not to modify, copy, frame, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Service Content, in whole or in part, except that the foregoing does not apply to your own User Content (as defined below) that you legally upload to the Service, if any. In connection with your use of the Service you shall not engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods. Any use of the Site or the Service Content other than as specifically authorized herein is strictly prohibited. The technology and software underlying or related to the Service is the property of OurBlok, our affiliates and our partners (the “Software”). You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by OurBlok.
Third Party Material: Under no circumstances will OurBlok be liable in any way for any content posted by third parties (including Rewards Partners) or at the direction of users, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Service. You acknowledge that OurBlok does not pre-screen content, but that OurBlok and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
User Content Posted on the Site or the Service: You are solely responsible for the content and other materials you post on or through the Service or the Site or transmit to or share with other users or recipients, whether as an end user or otherwise (collectively, “User Content”), if any. You will not post any content that you did not create or that you do not own all right, title and interest in and to, including, without limitation, all copyright and rights of publicity contained therein. By posting any User Content you hereby grant and will grant OurBlok and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicenseable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, display, transmit, perform, distribute, store, modify and otherwise use your User Content in connection with the operation of the Service or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof, in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Site or the Service (“Submissions”), provided by you to OurBlok are non-confidential and OurBlok shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
Copyright Complaints: The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that any Content made available in connection with the Service infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send OurBlok a notice requesting that the Content be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA (see http://www.loc.gov/copyright for details). Notices and counter notices with respect to the Service should be sent to OurBlok at:
OurBlok Franchise, LLC.
4920 Center St,
Houston, TX 77007
Third Party Websites
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to other sites and resources on the Internet (including Rewards Partner websites). OurBlok has no control over such sites and resources and OurBlok is not responsible for and does not endorse such sites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that OurBlok shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, events, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Any dealings you have with third parties (including Rewards Partners) while using the Service are between you and the third party, and you agree that OurBlok is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
Indemnity and Release
You agree to release, indemnify and hold OurBlok and its affiliates and their officers, employees, directors and agent harmless from any from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your use of the Service, any User Content, your connection to the Service, your violation of these Terms of Service or your violation of any rights of another. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. FIVESTARS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
FIVESTARS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT FIVESTARS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF FIVESTARS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL FIVESTARS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID FIVESTARS IN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS, OR, IF GREATER, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user, Rewards Partner or third party in connection with the Service (or any third party service with which the Service is integrated), and OurBlok will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. OurBlok reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any Rewards Partner or other third party in connection with the Service (or any third party service with which the Service is integrated). In addition, without limiting the foregoing, OurBlok will have no liability or responsibility for any acts or omissions of Rewards Partners with respect to their use of any of your information or your interactions with them.
OurBlok SMS Alert for Users Terms
1) To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as SMS authentication in certain cases) to verify your identity before registering your mobile phone number and granting you access to the OurBlok Service.
2) When you opt-in to the OurBlok Service, either through web-registration or in-store signup, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
3) You can cancel the SMS alerts at any time. Just reply with “STOP” to the message you receieved. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
4) If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” to the message you recieved. After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
5) We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
Merchant Texting Terms
Content: The term "Content" refers to the data you are asking OurBlok to store, process, or transmit to end users. You represent the following:
1) You own and/or have licensed the rights and necessary clearances to distribute the content to mobile devices (and, optionally, any other means of viewing content that has been mutually agreed on). The Content does not violate the rights of any entity protected by intellectual property legislation or similar laws or regulations.
2) All Content is consistent with standards imposed by mobile carriers and aggregators; specifically, the Content is not libelous, defamatory, inaccurate, sexually explicit, unlawful, obscene, false, misleading, racially or ethnically offensive, or objectionable.
3) The Content adheres to the current text marketing / text message marketing / sms marketing Association "U.S. Consumer Best Practices Guidelines". Said guidelines can be viewed at http://mmaglobal.com/policies/consumer-best-practices
4) The Content (including storage, delivery, and transmission) does not violate any laws or regulations in the United States, California, your home jurisdiction(s), or any other jurisdiction where the Content is stored, delivered, or transmitted.
5) Campaigns: OurBlok may refuse, suspend, terminate any campaign or account that, in its opinion, is not in compliance with the then-current MMA guidelines or that violates any applicable law or regulation.
6) Terms: Use of OurBlok text messaging services is not to be used for any abusive and/or unlawful purposes. You agree that all usage of the OurBlok text messaging services will be in compliance with all laws and regulations. You are responsible for all content transmitted through your account. OurBlok only provides you with service of sending messages to mobile phones. OurBlok is not liable for any consequences brought on by or relating to any messages sent by any person that uses aforementioned service.
7) Limitation of Liability: OurBlok will not be held liable, under any circumstances, to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential, or special damages of any form that are brought on by or are related to your use of the OurBlok text messaging services.
Questions? Concerns? Suggestions?